trust. (my new years goal)

5:21 AM nonibaumann 2 Comments




Happy and blessed new year to you everyone !

so "trust" it is,
my chosen word for 2015.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”






last year for me was a kind of year with drought and heat.
Actually I didn`t write a lot personal things,
because I had to process a lot of thoughts and still do.

I experienced not so easy times with a nerve inflammation,
burning nerve pain and inability to move my arms,
many doctors reports, pain medication and weired,
painful side effects.

being responsible for my family, my own business
and a few church things also, it felt too much. 
to heavy for my aching shoulders.
I was carrying my problems- on m,y own...
anxiety, uncertainty and fear tried to take hold
inside of me.

The more doctors consulted, the more reports and
medication I got,the more
 it seemed to get even worse.

I had to make a decision again.

cast my anxiety unto him.
decide where I would put my trust in.
let him care.

I thought I already lived in it.
But what I experienced that time went so much deeper.

I decided to take off all the pain and other medication,
which seemed to do me no good,

and instead trusting God for healing and relying on him.

The whole process wasn`t easy at first.
the first weeks or so it seemed to also get worse,
but I just tried to hold unto God and his promises.

and it started to become better day by day.


There are times we have to decide between circumstances and relying
on our feelings or instead trusting.
Feelings can deceive, but trust and hope in the right source will never fail.

we can find peace if we don`t concentrate on the stormy waves
and look unto Jesus.




God promised to take care of all our needs
and he has wonderful plans for each one of us:

Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)  

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. 
"They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.




that´s my decision.
I want to live a life of trust.
holding unto his promises.
and I´m reaching out for it even more in the
new year,
to learn to live this life of trust.
each.new.day.


Isaiah 40:31(NLB)

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles. 
They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.







2 comments:

maria said...

Wow, beautiful! Trust is something I struggle with a lot, so this really hit home for me. Wishing you Gods blessing this year!
xoMaria
(ps. BEAUTIFUL !! photos! )

nonibaumann said...

thankyou so much Maria! Yes trust for me also is a process! and do want to grow in it... also much blessings to you and your sweet fam!