lavender body butter& lotion DIY (vegan).

12:06 PM nonibaumann 12 Comments



this year one of my aims was to make some more things 
out of ingredients from my garden or the nature (see foraging).
I learned a whole lot according to this from my grandma 
and set the goal to also practice and adopt it more into
our little families life.

So why not also making some homemade care?

There are so many positive facts:
good natural quality, free from chemicals, gluten free,
vegan if you want and so budget friendly !

so today i`d like to start sharing some of my new go to recipes :

 Lavender body butter & lotion

it`s getting cold now and the skin needs some extra care,
this lotion is really rich, the coconut and olive oil is perfect care
for dry skin, lavender is calming, helps irritated skin 
and adds a lovely scent to it
( if you like lavender scent)



ingredients body butter:

60g firm coconut oil, 10 ml olive oil, 6-10g lavender seeds
 (for the lotion replace the 10ml olive oil with 40 ml olive oil )

proceed:

melt the butter and add the olive oil, then add the lavender seeds,
let it simmer 5 minutes on lowest flame
(do not cook, so that the lavender doesn`t get burned) 
and then let it rest for at least one hour 
( or maybe through the night, then you just have to reheat it)
pour the liquid ointment through a dense sieve or a tea filter
it will last 1-2 days until it gets set
  
( for the lotion: after it got set, stir it until it`s getting a creamy consistency) 
   
 
 Have fun!

(linking up with the DIY dreamer

and very happy to be featured, thankyou for stopping by my space:

The DIY Dreamer

12 comments:

ameriaus said...

absolutely love lavender and any lavender made products !

AmeriAus Blog

maria said...

mmm... I have all the ingredients at home, I guess I'll need to give it a try:)

nonibaumann said...

aw me, too!this won`t be the last lavender experiment:)

nonibaumann said...

oh yes Maria you definetily should! it`s so simple and also fun because these are quite easy ingredients. my skin love it, I think you won`t regret to try this... and there could be so many more variations!

Sarah S. said...

I have yet to try any natural beauty recipe's, even though I am constantly pinning them. This one looks amazing.

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! I think I might make these as Christmas gifts!

This is a great idea, I think I'm going to make some myself! I love coconut oil. Thanks so much!

Theresa said...

I'm almost out of lotion I had made. I'd love to make my next batch with lavender. Lovely diy. Thanks. Visiting from @DearCreatives Theresa

nonibaumann said...

it`s definetily worth it, and the most recipes doesn`t even take much time! I`m also trying out more now:)

nonibaumann said...

Thanks a lot. Me, too! I´m preparing different variations in pretty mini glasses, as extra gifts...

nonibaumann said...

thankyou and thanks a lot for stopping by!

nonibaumann said...

Yes you should try, I love the lavender fragrance ! (if it´s not too much:)!, thanks for stopping by!