reversible leggings DIY.

1:08 PM nonibaumann 18 Comments




like I promised, now still in April the reversible leggings DIY...-

I love to make clothes for my little girl, I love the fact that one can put so much more
heart in handmade things for the little ones, plus it`s budget friendly:

So I hope I can share some easy ideas now and then, here in this little space of mine.
Like this reversible leggings, I made a few weeks ago.

I love it, it has two different sides, one uni color and the other
one with a black and white pattern, so I can make it suitable to different outfits and have 2
 versions in just one leggings, Emmi loves it too :)...

 the few simple steps:



1- make a pattern out of a leggings or skinny pant, add some extra seam for the stitches, 
pay attention to the pant crotch, the pattern should be 3 dimensional that it stays comfortable 
and doesn`t rip of in different movements ( you know all this active toddler gymnastic 
movement things...), precut the pattern in two different elastic fabrics
2- sew the two different fabrics together (inside leggings and outside leggings), each on his own, 
use an elastic stitch (overlock or chevron)
3- pull the leg parts into each other, add or sew on a elastic wristband (seize should be long enough
that you can fold it on half and length should be a bit smaller then the upper pant part)
4- add/ sew on some cuffs on the legs, use two different fabrics ( half size of the cuff should be a 
bit smaller than one leg) ...........   ready!!!

------> the seams on the side of the pants are hidden by folding the cuffs up and down),
also the leggings crows with the child because you can vary the cuff length by folding it
... have fun !



(linking up with From dream to reality as always and lovely family blog "the Wiegands")


so happy to be featured again on the diy dreamer !
The DIY Dreamer

18 comments:

Sarah S. said...

these are SUPER adorable! I wish I had a girl to make some for.

Unknown said...

these are fantastic! i can't wait to try!

maria said...

So cute!! I'll see if I can make a boyish pair for Micha!

nonibaumann said...

Dear lovely Sarah and Maria,

if you make the pants a bit wider and maybe add some extra length from hip to crotch (make it more baggy) you may also get some cool skinny pants for your sweet boys... maybe I try out something also in stretch denim and post it afterwards...many greetings!

Niedlich sieht Dein Mäuschen wieder aus. Die kleinen Stamperle haste niedlich eingepackt!
Und schöne Fotos sind das wieder.
LG Annette

Unknown said...

These are too cute! I found your blog through the Aloha Friday link party! Can't wait to follow you!

http://living-better-together.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Lenay said...

Those leggings are the cutest!

Xo, Kelsey

Christine said...

CONGRATS! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer! Come on over and grab your featured button, you deserve it!
http://thediydreamer.com/from-dream-to-reality/features-65/

Don't forget to come over again this evening to link up your latest creations :)

nonibaumann said...

wow!!! so very happy, thank you so much!

Emily said...

This is ridic cute and exactly why I need a baby girl in my brood of lil men!

nonibaumann said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments, makes me really happy!

nonibaumann said...

oh danke Annette. Oh ja die Babystamperle, die lieb ich...etwas sind sie noch da, aber die Zeit vergeht so schnell (könnt ihr Muttis ja gut nachvollziehen:), nächsten Monat wird Emmi schon 2 ...:)

Jennifer said...

I think this may have just inspired me to finally get off my arse and make my son some PJ leggings.

Alyssa B said...

These are really cute, but the instructions don't make a lot of sense. "the pattern should 3 dimensional?" "sew the two different fabrics together, each on his own?"
The pictures are helpful to give me an idea of what's going on, but the writing sounds like it was generated by an auto-translator or something.

nonibaumann said...

Hi Alyssa, as I often mention I`m German, so sometimes my English will not look like the English of a native speaker... I actually don`t use auto-translators because they make the most funny word constellations. in the sentence you mentioned was just a "be" missing, sorry, going to correct it. and yes like I wrote in the text and like it`s shown in the pictures you first of all need to sew the two different fabric leggings ( in other words the outside and the inside) each on his own, before fitting them together. if you still have questions, don`t hestitate asking me

Unknown said...

I love, love, love these. I like making leggings but have not seen reversible ones before…look forward to giving it a go!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Not only do I love this pant, but I love the fabric. Where is this from? And do you have any other fabric store suggestions?

nonibaumann said...

thankyou very much. I bought this fabric 3 years ago (the tutorial is already nearly that old;) on a German wholesale plattform calles resotex. It´s already sold out.
So I`m not quite sure where to find something similar, maybe spoonflower or etsy!? Many greetings, Noni